Random Melaern Starting Ages
|20 years||+4d6 years (24 – 44 years)||+6d6 years (26 – 56 years)||+10d6 years (30 – 80 years)|
Random Melaern Maturing Affects
|Young||Middle Age||Old||Venerable||Maximum Age|
|under 13 years||175 years||263 years||350 years||350 + 4d100 years|
Random Melaern Height and Weight
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Female||5’ 4"||+2d6" (5’ 6" – 6’ 4")||90lb.||+2d6 x 3lb. (96 – 126lb.)||Male||5’ 4"||+2d8" (5’ 6" – 6’ 8")||110lb.||+2d8 x 3lb. (116 – 158lb.)|
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Melaern gain a +2 bonus to Dexterity and Wisdom, and a -2 penalty to Charisma.
- Type: Melaern are humanoids with the elf subtype.
- Size: Melaern are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Speed: Melaern have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Elves begin play speaking Common, Elven, and Sylvan. Elves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Auran, Draconic, Dwarven, Giant, Gnome, Halfling, Terran, and Treant.
Defense Racial Traits
- Bond to the Land: Melaern gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC when in a specific terrain type selected from the ranger’s list of favored terrains. This choice is made at character creation, and cannot be changed.
- Elven Immunities: Melaern are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws made against enchantment spells and effects.
Skill Racial Traits
- Elven Naturalist: Melaern gain the wild empathy ability and can attempt to improve the initial attitude of an animal. A melaern rolls a 1d20 and adds his Charisma bonus to determine the wild empathy check result. A melaern who gains this ability from another source, such as levels in Druid or Ranger, gains a +2 racial bonus on wild empathy checks instead. Melaern also receive a +2 racial bonus on all Survival checks made to find or follow tracks.
- Keen Senses: Melaern receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Movement Racial Traits
- Terrain Stride: Melaern can move through natural difficult terrain at their normal speed while within the chosen terrain. Magically altered terrain affects them normally.
Offense Racial Traits
- Weapon Familiarity: Melaern are proficient with Longbows, Longswords, Scimitars, and Shortbows, including composite versions, and treat any weapon with “elven” in the name as a martial weapon. If using the Proficiencies rules a melaern instead receives proficiency in all of these weapons, for free.
Senses Racial Traits
- Low-Light Vision: Melaern can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Arcane Focus: Some melaern families have such long traditions of producing wizards (and other arcane spellcasters) that they raise their children with the assumption each is destined to be a powerful magic-user, with little need for mundane concerns such as skill with weapons. Melaern with this racial trait gain a +2 racial bonus on concentration checks made to cast arcane spells defensively. This racial trait replaces weapon familiarity.
- Disinterested Observer: Melaern who frequently interact with shorter-lived species often come to rely on their ability to wait out such impatient races. These melaern gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls and skill checks made as part of readied actions in combat. This racial trait replaces Terrain Stride.
- Dreamspeaker: A few melaern have the ability to tap into the power of sleep, dreams, and prescient reverie. Melaern with this racial trait add +1 to the saving throw DCs of spells of the divination school and sleep effects they cast. In addition, melaern with Charisma scores of 15 or higher may use dream once per day as a spell-like ability (caster level is equal to the melaern’s character level). This racial trait replaces Elven Immunities.
- Eternal Grudge: Some melaern grow up in secluded, isolationist communities where generations-old slights and quarrels linger as eternal blood feuds. Melaern with this racial trait receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoids of the goblin and human subtypes because of special training against these hated foes. This racial trait replaces Elven Naturalist or Terrain Stride.
- Fey Magic: The character has a mystic connection to one terrain type, selected from the ranger’s favored terrain list. The character selects three 0-level druid spells and one 1st-level druid spell. If the character has a Charisma score of 11 or higher, when in the selected terrain, she gains these spells as spell-like abilities that can be cast once per day. The caster level for these effects is equal to the user’s character level. The DC for the spell-like abilities is equal to 10 + the spell’s level + the user’s Charisma modifier. These spells are treated as being from a fey source for the purposes of the druid’s resist nature’s lure class feature and similar abilities. This trait replaces Keen Senses.
- Fey Thoughts: Select two of the following skills: Acrobatics, Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Fly, Knowledge (nature), Perception, Perform, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Swim, or Use Magic Device. The selected skills are always class skills for the character. This trait replaces racial Weapon Familiarity.
- Fleet-Footed: While all melaern are naturally lithe and agile, some also are naturally speedy and have a strong desire to rush into situations rather than worrying about looking ahead. Melaern with this racial trait receive Run as a bonus feat and a +2 racial bonus on initiative checks. This racial trait replaces Keen Senses and Weapon Familiarity.
- Forlorn: Melaern raised outside of elven communities—are accustomed to other races’ brevity of life. Although they lose the opportunity to train in traditional melaern arts, these melaern pick up a bit of their adoptive parents’ skills. They gain Skill Focus as a bonus feat. This racial trait replaces Elven Naturalist.
- Silent Hunter: Melaern are renowned for their subtlety and skill. Melaern with this racial trait reduce the penalty for using Stealth while moving by 5 and can make Stealth checks while running at a –20 penalty (this number includes the penalty reduction from this racial trait). This racial trait replaces Elven Naturalist.
- Spirit of the Waters: Some melaern have adapted to life in tune with the sea or along the reedy depths of wild rivers and lakes. They gain a +4 racial bonus on Swim checks, can always take 10 while swimming, and may choose Aquan as a bonus language. They are proficient with the longspear, trident, and net. This racial trait replaces Terrain Stride and Weapon Familiarity.
- Treespeech: Melaern have the ability to converse with plants as if subject to a continual speak with plants spell. This racial trait replaces Bond to the Land or Elven Naturalist.
- Woodcraft: Melaern know the deep secrets of the wild like no others, especially secrets of the forests. Melaern with this racial trait gain a +1 racial bonus on Knowledge (nature) and Survival checks. In forest terrain, these bonuses improve to +2. This racial trait replaces Terrain Stride.
- Alchemist: Add one extract formula from the alchemist’s list to his formula book. This formula must be at least one level lower than the highest-level formula the alchemist can create.
- Arcanist: Increase total number of points in the arcanist’s arcane reservoir by 1.
- Barbarian: Add +1 to the barbarian’s base speed. In combat this option has no effect unless the barbarian has selected it five times (or another increment of five). This bonus stacks with the barbarian’s fast movement feature and applies under the same conditions as that feature.
- Bard: Add +1 to the bard’s CMD when resisting a disarm or sunder attempt.
- Bloodrager: Add 1 foot to the bloodrager’s base speed. In combat, this only has an effect for every five increases in base speed. This bonus stacks with the bloodrager’s fast movement class feature, and applies under the same conditions and that feature.
- Brawler: Add 1 foot to the brawler’s base speed. In combat, this has an effect only for every five increases in the brawler’s base speed.
- Cavalier: Add +1 hit point to the cavalier’s mount. If the cavalier ever replaces his mount, the new mount gains these bonus hit points.
- Cleric: Select one domain power granted at 1st level that is normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the cleric’s Wisdom modifier. The cleric adds +1/2 to the number of uses per day of that domain power.
- Druid: Add +1/3 to the druid’s natural armor bonus when using wild shape.
- Fighter: Add +1 to the Fighter’s CMD when resisting a disarm or sunder attempt.
- Hunter: Choose a weapon from the following list: longbow, longsword, rapier, short sword, shortbow, or any weapon with “elven” in its name. Gain a +1/2 bonus on critical hit confirmation rolls made while using that type of weapon (maximum bonus +4). This bonus does not stack with those gained through Critical Focus and similar effects.
- Inquisitor: Add one spell known from the inquisitor’s spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest-level spell the inquisitor can cast.
- Investigator: Increase the total number of points in the investigator’s inspiration pool by 1/3.
- Magus: The magus gains 1/6 of a new magus arcana.
- Oracle: Add +1/6 to the oracle’s level for the purpose of determining the effects of one revelation.
- Paladin: Add +1/2 hit point to the paladin’s lay on hands ability (whether using it to heal or harm).
- Ranger: Choose a weapon from the following list: longbow, longsword, rapier, shortbow, short sword, or any weapon with “elven” in its name. Add +1/2 on critical hit confirmation rolls made while using that weapon (maximum bonus of +4). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus.
- Rogue: Add +1 to the number of times per day the rogue can cast a cantrip or 1st-level spell gained from the minor magic or major magic talent. The number of times this bonus is selected for the major magic talent cannot exceed the number of times it is selected for the minor magic talent. The rogue must possess the associated rogue talent to select these options.
- Shaman: Add 5 feet to the range of a chosen shaman hex. Multiple bonuses from this ability can apply to the same hex, to a maximum of an additional 30 feet for any single hex.
- Slayer: Increase the studied target bonus on Perception and Survival checks by 1/4. When the slayer gains the stalker class feature, he also gains this increase to the studied target bonus on Stealth checks.
- Sorcerer: Select one bloodline power at 1st level that is normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the sorcerer’s Charisma modifier. The sorcerer adds +1/2 to the number of uses per day of that bloodline power.
- Summoner: The amount of time the summoner must spend to summon his eidolon is reduced by 1 round, to a minimum of 1 round.
- Swashbuckler: Increase the total number of points in the swashbuckler’s panache pool by 1/4.
- Warpriest: Add 1/2 to the number of times per day the warpriest can use blessings, but he can use these additional blessings on only those from the Air, Animal, Charm, Magic, Plant, or Sun domains.
- Witch: Add one spell from the witch spell list to the witch’s familiar. This spell must be at least one level lower than the highest-level spell she can cast. If the witch ever replaces her familiar, the new familiar knows these bonus spells.
- Wizard: Select one arcane school power at 1st level that is normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the wizard’s Intelligence modifier. The wizard adds +1/2 to the number of uses per day of that arcane school power.