Sprite Race Info
Sprites gather in groups deep in forested lands, aligned to the cause of defending nature. Whole tribes of sprites deem themselves protectors of a certain person, place, or creature of importance in their lands, even if the being doesn’t actually want or need protecting.
A sprite’s body is naturally luminous, although the sprite can vary the color and intensity of its body as it wishes. Shortly after death, a sprite’s body simply melts away to a twinkling vapor. Sprites are among the smallest of fey, standing just over 9 inches in height and rarely weighing more than 1 or 2 pounds.
Sprites are more primitive in many ways than most fey. They enjoy each other’s company, but tend to be distrustful of other fey and assume any humanoids and any other creatures that they haven’t expressly chosen to protect mean to do them ill. Even animals are generally regarded as dangerous. Much of this is due to sprites’ diminutive size, which makes them popular targets for predators. As a result, a sprite’s initial reaction to danger is typically to flee—it uses its spell-like abilities to delay or distract pursuers, and relies on its speed in flight and its size to allow it to escape in the end.
Random Sprite Starting Ages
|4 years||+0 years (4 years)||+1 year (5 years)||+1d2 years (5 – 6 years)|
Random Sprite Maturing Affects
|Young||Middle Age||Old||Venerable||Maximum Age|
|under 1 years||N/A years||N/A||N/A||Sprites do not die of age|
Random Sprite Height and Weight
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Either||2"||+1d8" (3" – 10")||4oz.||+2d20 oz. (6 – 40oz.)|
- Ability Score Racial Traits: The Sprite gains a +6 bonus to Dexterity, and a +2 bonus to Wisdom, they take a -6 penalty to Strength, and a -2 penalty to Intelligence. (this includes size bonuses)
- Type: Sprite’s are fey.
- Size: Sprite are Diminutive creatures, and as such gain a +6 size bonus to Dexterity and a –6 size penalty to Strength. Tiny races gain a +4 size bonus to their AC, a +4 size bonus on attack rolls, a –4 penalty on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a +16 size bonus on Stealth checks (if using traditional stealth rules). Diminutive characters take up a space of 1 foot by 1 foot, so up to eight of these characters can fit into a single square. Diminutive races typically have a natural reach of 0 feet, meaning they can’t reach into adjacent squares. They must enter an opponent’s square to attack it in melee. This provokes an attack of opportunity from the opponent. Since they have no natural reach, they do not threaten the squares around them. Other creatures can move through those squares without provoking attacks of opportunity. Tiny creatures typically cannot flank an enemy.
- Speed: Sprite have a base speed of 15 feet.
- Languages: Sprite begin play speaking Sylvan. Sprite with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: TBD
Defense Racial Traits
- Fey Damage Reduction: A sprite gains Damage Reduction 2 (Cold Iron).
Magic Racial Traits
- Luminous (Su): A sprite naturally sheds light equal to that provided by a torch. A sprite can control the color and intensity of the light as a swift action, reducing it to the dimness of a candle or even extinguishing its luminosity entirely if it wishes.
Spell Like Ability (Sp): A sprite may cast Color Spray once per day as a spell like ability; caster level equal to your HD.
Spell Like Ability; at will (Sp): A sprite may cast Dancing Lights or Daze as a spell like ability at will; caster level equal to your HD.
Movement Racial Traits
- Flight: Sprites have a fly speed of 60 ft, with Perfect maneuverability.
Senses Racial Traits
- Low-Light Vision: Sprite can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light.